Bronx Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical professionals owe their patients a high level of care, and take an oath to “first, do no harm” when treating patients. This high standard applies to physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychiatrists, dentists, and most healthcare professionals. While the quality of attention required may differ based on age and other conditions, when an individual has suffered an injury or illness because proper care was not provided, victims have the right to hold the medical team accountable. If you or a loved one has experienced an injury due to improper care by a medical professional, you should seek the advice of an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
Contacting an attorney as soon as possible following your accident can make a big difference in terms of your ultimate settlement amount or damages award. Bronx personal injury attorney Ivan M. Diamond has significant experience litigating and negotiating medical malpractice claims. Contact him today at (718) 588-2000, or online, for a free consultation, and to assess the validity of your claim.
Recent Settlements and Results
The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond have significant personal injury law experience. While we cannot guarantee a favorable result in every case, as each case is different and depends on the specific circumstances surrounding an accident, below are some of our past success stories:
- A nursing home resident suffered serious burns while smoking without supervision; his case settled for $2.45 million.
- A client who suffered a burst aneurysm filed a case that settled for $1.5 million.
- A woman recovering from surgery was given insulin that was meant for her hospital roommate; this wrongful death claim was settled for $862,500.00.
- A client lost her balance and fell while walking to the bathroom from her hospital bed, and sustained serious knee injuries. Mr. Diamond proved that she was at risk for a fall, and that the hospital failed to respond to her repeated calls to the nurses’ station. Her case settled for $225,000.
Medical Malpractice Injuries
Some of the most common mistakes made by medical professionals include:
Diagnostic errors. Many illnesses, if discovered in the disease’s early stages, can be successfully treated. If a physician fails to diagnose an illness correctly, the consequences can be disastrous.
Surgical mistakes. The list of surgical procedures that can go awry is long and complicated. A few errors that can and have occurred are:
- Sponges and other tools left in a patient’s body after surgery
- Miscalculation of anesthesia amounts
- Operating on a patient for the wrong condition
- Confusing which hand or foot needs correcting
Birth injuries. During the birthing process, numerous mistakes can occur, including:
Medication errors. Unfortunately, mistakes also happen when administering medication, including:
- A prescription may not be approved for some uses by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA)
- The wrong medication is administered to the patient
Who Is at Fault?
Medical malpractice is almost always rooted in negligence. It is the degree of responsibility when a medical mistake occurs that determines culpability. When discerning who has been negligent, a medical malpractice lawyer must prove the following in a personal injury lawsuit:
- The care a plaintiff received harmed him or her in a manner that caused an illness or injury.
- Medical malpractice mistakes must be proven to be a result of negligence due to a lack of care or an accident on the part of a medical professional.
- A medical malpractice attorney must prove that a plaintiff suffered harm from the injury or illness. “Harm” can take the form of financial loss, such as lost wages, or a non-economic injury, such as personal trauma.
In a medical malpractice case, some potential losses include:
- Mental anguish
- Aggravation of a pre-existing condition
- Loss of consortium, claimed by a spouse (deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship due to injuries caused by another)
- Loss of guidance from a parent, claimed by children
- Lack of future earning capacity
- Loss of normal ambulation
- Loss of wages
- Past and future medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
How to Protect Your Claim
Medical malpractice lawsuits can be especially complicated, given the technical expertise medical professionals must possess to accomplish complex surgeries or long-term treatments. A plaintiff in a medical malpractice case must establish negligence, which can prove especially difficult without an experienced attorney on your side. Often, medical malpractice cases require the assistance of medical experts, interviewing eyewitnesses, and analyzing complex medical documents. This type of investigation can be expensive. Again, an experienced Bronx medical malpractice lawyer will understand your case, and have the resources, such as the assistance of numerous expert witnesses, that are necessary to win a medical malpractice case.
Before consulting an attorney, do not sign any releases or other documents you are given by the defendant or insurance company. Furthermore, do not give a statement of any kind, including oral. To get the compensation you deserve, and to ensure your rights are not infringed, you should contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney immediately.
How Much Will an Attorney Cost?
At The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond, we provide free consultations, during which you can speak to an experienced attorney who will assess the validity of your case. Contact Ivan M. Diamond today at (877) 960-1702, or online, to discuss the details of your claim. Mr. Diamond is available for home and hospital visits, as well as at night and on the weekends. You will not be required to pay any attorney’s fees unless Mr. Diamond secures compensation in your case. While Mr. Diamond cannot guarantee a positive result in every case, he can promise to use his experience and skills to fight for maximum compensation for your injuries.
Other Areas of Law
Along with medical malpractice, The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond also fights for clients’ rights in the following areas of the law:
- Construction law
- Work accidents
- Auto accidents
- Birth injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death
- Slip and fall
- Personal injury
- Premises liability
- Nursing home neglect
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bike accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Bronx medical malpractice lawyer, Ivan M. Diamond, has practicing law since 1995, and has helped countless victims of negligence and malpractice obtain significant compensation for their injuries. His practice focuses on personal injury claims, so he can bring his years of experience in that realm to every case he handles. Mr. Diamond not only offers his clients legal prowess, but also knowledge, tenacity, and litigation skills.
The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond represents individuals throughout the five boroughs of New York City, as well as in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, and Rockland counties.
If you or a loved one was injured in a medical malpractice accident, get in touch with The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond today at (718) 588-2000. You can depend on Ivan M. Diamond; this Bronx medical malpractice lawyer is on your side.
The Law Offices of
888 Grand Concourse #1L
Ivan M. Diamond
Bronx, NY 10451
Phone: (718) 588-2000
Ivan M. Diamond is available for home and hospital visits, as well as weekend and evening appointments.
How Can We Help?