On the job injuries are more common today, regardless of the type of work you’re in. While construction work does see more claims annually than other types of industry, that doesn’t mean office jobs or other types of work are immune from workplace injuries. If you have found yourself in the terrible situation of being injured on the job, you need an aggressive workers’ compensation lawyer in the Bronx who can help you get the full value of your claim so you don’t have to pay out of pocket for any of your medical bills.
Your sole focus should be on your recovery and not on how you will pay the bills. Let the Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond help you get the compensation you deserve so you can get back on your feet and back to work.
Types of Workers’ Compensation Accidents
More workers are injured on the job in car accidents each year than any other type of workplace injury. But that doesn’t mean other types of accidents don’t exist. Besides car accidents, other common on the job accidents include:
- Trips, slips, and falls
- Contact with objects or equipment
- Exposure to harmful substances
These types of accidents can occur in any type of workplace. From construction sites to an office cubicle, employees are not immune to workplace injuries simply because of their job. Make sure that if you’re injured on the job you speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer you trust.
Common Workers’ Compensation Injuries
Your employer must carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect you if you’re injured on the job. State and federal workers’ compensation laws cover over 130 million workers. Injuries that workers’ compensation covers can vary but usually includes:
- Broken bones
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
If you or a loved one was injured while working, workers’ compensation insurance may cover some of your medical bills. We’ve worked with many clients, however, who find themselves responsible for some of the costs associated with their injury. We find this tragic. You’ve already suffered enough and you should not be on the hook for the cost of your recovery. Working with us gives you the peace of mind you need so you can focus on your recovery while we focus on your workers’ compensation claim, working hard to make sure you get the full value of your claim.
Steps to Take After Your Accident
After your on the job injury, your sole focus should be on getting better. But that can require some work. Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance may not want to pay your claim right away leaving you on the hook for your medical bills.
To help you get through this tough time, there are certain steps you should take right away:
- Seek medical treatment. This is common sense. When you’re injured, you need to get medical help. But it’s even more important in your workers’ compensation claim to make sure a medical professional records your injuries and provides a diagnosis as soon as possible.
- Report your accident to your employer. There is a time limit in which you must report your accident to your employer or your workers’ compensation claim could be barred. Make sure you report your injuries to your employer as quickly as possible.
- If you’re able, take pictures. But only if it is safe to do so. You want to get pictures of the accident scene and your injuries. Pictures can help us determine the value of your workers’ compensation claim and provide us with images taken moments after you suffered the injuries to show their severity.
- Exchange contact information with witnesses. Making sure you have this information helps us prepare your claim. Witnesses don’t always stick around for the police or others to take statements, so get contact information so we can speak with them later.
- Keep a personal injury journal. Write in the journal every day starting with the day of your accident. By keeping a journal, you ensure you forget nothing. You want to keep a note of how you’re feeling every day. Keep note of your injuries and if you’re getting better or getting worse. Keeping meticulous notes can help us negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your recovery.
- Call The Law Offices of Ivan M. Diamond. We have helped many clients just like you who have found themselves involved in an on the job accident where they received injuries. You did not cause the accident and you should not bear any responsibility for the costs to get better.
Speaking with a trusted and seasoned workers’ compensation lawyer in New York can make all the difference in your claim. To give you the best chance of a successful recovery, you need to use a lawyer you can trust.
Damages You Can Get
Receiving a workplace injury is frustrating. No matter what type of work you’re in, you expect your workplace to be a safe environment for you to work. When you’re injured, clearly there was a failure.
Because of this, you could receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
Even if your workers’ compensation claim comes through, it doesn’t prohibit you from getting these damages. That’s why you need to work with a skilled and trusted workers’ compensation lawyer who can guide you through the complex process.
Contact Us Today With Your Workers’ Comp Claim
When you meet with us, we’ll evaluate your claim, work with you to chart the best course of action to help you get the full value of your claim, interview witnesses, deal with insurance companies, and represent you in court, if necessary. We do all of this at no cost to you. We only get paid if we help you recover compensation.
If you’re looking for a compassionate and aggressive workers’ compensation legal team, you’ve come to the right place. Contact us online or by calling (718) 588-2000 today. We look forward to helping you get back on your feet.